POSITION: OPERATION AND PROJECTS MANAGER
The Tourism Business Council of South Africa NPC (TBCSA) is the umbrella organisation representing the leading voice of business in the travel and tourism sector. TBCSA manages the collection of tourism levy under (TOMSA).
Purpose of the Job
To manage the operations and projects for the TBCSA.
Key Performance Areas
• To contribute to the strategic plan by understanding the vision, identifying key strategic inputs and providing inputs to the strategic plan annually
• To develop operational plan by identifying key projects, activities and inputs, setting targets and compiling the operational plan annually
• To report on performance by tracking performance against targets, identifying progress and areas of concern, drafting reports
and submitting quarterly and as required
• To manage performance by tracking performance against targets, identifying anomalies and implementing corrective action monthly and as required
• To manage projects by defining project plans, engaging relevant implementation team, delivery against project framework, identifying risks,
issues, and addressing and managing delivery of all projects on time, to standard and on budget
• To manage strategic projects by defining scope, developing project plan and methodology, managing project implementation and completion
of activities, gathering project data, addressing issues, closing projects and conducting post implementation reviews as per project plans
• To manage research implementation by defining research scope and plans, appointing research teams and delivery against research scope
and framework, identifying risks and issues and addressing and managing delivery of research on time, to standard and on budget
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
• To identify key stakeholders in the community, private and public sector relevant to tourism growth.
• To build resilient, mutually beneficial strategic relationships that deliver the TBCSA objectives.
• To build politically supportive and beneficial relationships with stakeholders through engaging with
stakeholders, sharing TBCSA objectives and successes and gaining buy-in to support the delivery of the
organisational strategy as required and at all times.
• To influence policy by participating in relevant forums, maintaining sector policy expertise, engaging with key decision makers
and influencers, presenting policy insight and opinion and representing TBCSA, its strategy and its members as required and at all times
• To resolve stakeholder issues and concerns by understanding, investigating, gathering insight, resolving and
providing feedback while maintaining stakeholder relationships as required
• To develop the project budget (as relevant) by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and
submitting it as required and within deadlines
• To manage project expenditure by tracking spend against budget, approving expenditure, addressing any
budget variances and providing feedback monthly and as required
• To source and recommend required suppliers by defining requirements and specification, complying with procurement policy
and procedures, defining performance requirements and scope and appointing within deadline
• To manage that any supplier contracts and / or documentation is available as required by overseeing that
contracts are accurately implemented and filed within deadline
• To manage that supplier performance is evaluated and reported on by implementing performance indicators,
reviewing supplier performance and approving or declining suppliers as required
• To manage that contract non-performance is addressed and to implement required action to resolve
performance or terminate supplier contracts as required
- A relevant NQF 7 qualification in travel and tourism, commerce project management or similar
• A minimum of 7 years tourism sector experience
• A minimum of 5 years management experience
• A minimum of 2 years stakeholder engagement experience
• A minimum of 3 years policy advocacy experience
• The incumbent must have experience in managing projects and project budgets
• Project Management and stakeholder engagement experience in a sector or industry regulator / board will be an advantage
To apply: please send CV to email@example.com
Application close: 3 December 2021
Please note that if you don’t hear from us in two weeks after the closing date, your application was not successful.