PRETORIA – As the world has emerged from the isolation and desolation of the COVID-19 pandemic, South Africa’s tourism industry has picked up significantly and showing resilience.
Every year in September, South Africa celebrates Tourism Month which reminds everyone about the importance of tourism to the South African economy. Tourism has been performing far better than many industries in job creation and export earnings.
The TBCSA Tourism Leadership Conference will gather industry players and policymakers under one roof, to reflect, discuss, and forge a way forward for the industry.
Under the theme, Tourism: The Engine of Growth for South Africa, the inaugural Tourism conference of the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) takes place from 14-16 September 2022, at Sun City Resort, in the North West Province.
We will host our partners from across the industry and other important stakeholders in the tourism value chain to discuss among other topics:
· A stronger partnership with the public sector and Private Sector
· Marketing and promotion of South Africa as a preferred tourist destination
· Creation of sustainable employment for youth in South Africa in urban and rural areas
· Transformation and growth within the tourism sector
· Regional integration and cooperation (SADC and Africa)
· Government’s commitment to dealing with policy obstacles that are hindering tourism growth
“This inaugural conference is critical in setting the new agenda for tourism in South Africa and the region. It also presents an opportunity for the private sector to share a platform with our public sector colleagues, to share ideas about how we can impact the economy of South Africa and increase youth employment through travel and tourism. The ultimate goal is to increase international arrivals, drive domestic travel, and drive the much-needed recovery in the overall South African economy,” says TBCSA CEO, Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa.