The Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) will hold a Tourism Leadership Conference during Tourism Month, gathering industry players and policymakers under one roof to reflect, discuss, and forge a way forward for the industry.
Under the theme, Tourism: The Engine of Growth for South Africa, the inaugural TBCSA conference will take place from September 14 to 16, at Sun City Resort in North West.
Discussions will focus on some of the following topics:
• A stronger partnership with the public and private sectors.
• Marketing and promotion of South Africa as a preferred tourist destination.
• Creation of sustainable employment for youth in South Africa in urban and rural areas.
• Transformation and growth within the tourism sector.
• Regional integration and co-operation (SADC and Africa).
• Government’s commitment to deal with policy obstacles that are hindering tourism growth.
“This inaugural conference is critical in setting the new agenda for tourism in South Africa and the region. It also presents an opportunity for the private sector to share a platform with our public-sector colleagues, to share ideas about how we can impact the economy of South Africa and increase youth employment through travel and tourism,” said TBCSA CEO, Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa.
“The ultimate goal is to increase international arrivals, drive domestic travel, and drive the much-needed recovery in the overall South African economy.”