PHASA BOOKKEEPER / FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR POSITION
Salary: Market Related
Established non-profit association in the wildlife and tourism industry seeks an experienced and qualified Financial Administrator/Bookkeeper.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Management (Association and Fund)
- Monthly and annual reporting including income/expenditure, budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare for and assist with annual and bi-annual audit
- Cash control includes receipting of money, banking, capturing of transactions on Pastel, cash books and reconciliations (trial balance)
- Credit control/creditors control includes full function debtors and creditors
- Salaries includes processing of monthly salaries and leave control
- PAYE & VAT management
- Petty cash management
- Forex/international grants management
- Invoicing, collection and reconciliations of annual and outstanding membership fees
- Supervision of financial section of the membership data base.
- Inventory and stock control:
– Invoicing, receipting and distribution of all stock
– Processing and distribution of PHASA medals
Events, Conventions, Fundraisers and Galas
Manage financial aspects including cash control, sales, donation and sponsorships, expense management and all financial aspects of project finalisation.
Ensure that all financial documents, securities and records are filed according to accepted accounting practices
- Office supplies control and purchases
- Stationary control and purchases
- Office requirements/maintenance quotations and implementation
- Help with any other relevant duties as required to run a smooth office environment with other personnel.
- Relevant post Grade 12 financial qualification
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Bookkeeping up to Balance Sheet
- Experience in salaries and wages – Currently Sage Pastel Payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Pastel & Excel – Currently Version 14
- Fully bilingual (English, Afrikaans)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Occasional overtime and work away from office required
- Clean credit/criminal record
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Closing date for applications: 18 June 2018
- Please send your detailed CV, including contactable references, to:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received feedback on your application by 25 June 2018 at close of business, please consider your application unsuccessful.