2018 TBCSA AGM
The year 2018 marked the end of the term for the previous TBCSA board. A new board has since been elected at the AGM that was held on Thursday, 21st June 2018 at the TBCSA Office, Centurion.
This presented an opportunity for TBCSA members to nominate fellow members to become board members. Here is a list of the new Board of Directors for TBCSA:
- Mr. Ravi Nadasen, Tsogo Sun
- Mr. Lance Smith, AVIS
- Mr. Blacky Komani, Tourvest
- Mr. Phillip Meyers, Protea Hotels by Marriott
- Mr. Kobus Tait, Forever Resorts
- Ms. Jane Edge, Fair Trade Tourism
- Mr. Otto de Vries, ASATA
- Mr. David Frost, SATSA
- Mr. Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa, FEDHASA
- Ms. June Crawford, BARSA
- Mr. Chris Zweigenthal, AASA
- Mr. Dries van Coller, PHASA
- Mr. Rudi van der Vyver, SAACI
- Mr. Sandile Ntseoane, SAVRALA
- Ms. Rosemarie van Staden, NAA-SA
What does it mean to be a TBCSA Member?
- It is important to note that for a business to be nominated for a seat in the TBCSA Board, it needs to be a member in Good Standing, i.e. membership fees paid for previous and current year.
- The role of the Board is to guide and support the work of the TBCSA staff in their work of managing industry related matters. The Board meets FOUR times a year to deliver on this mandate plus the Annual General Meeting.
- In accordance with the TBCSA Articles of Association, Board Members serve for a period of TWO years and are eligible for re-election thereafter.
Guidelines on completing the TBCSA election nomination form:
- Nominee – the company representative to be nominated on the board is required to sign the nomination form.
- Nominator – The nominator can be a colleague from the same organisation and is also required to sign the form.
- The nominee is not required to be present during the elections. In the case that the nominee is not present, a representative from the same organisation must be present. A proxy form with the nominee’s signature must accompany the nomination form to indicate that they will be a representative from the same organisation.