Re-advertisement: Vacancy: Manager: Knowledge Management and Research
The Tourism Business Council of South Africa, an organised business membership driven umbrella organization in the travel and tourism sector is looking for a self-motivated and hardworking individual to run its Knowledge Management and Research portfolio. The incumbent should have a minimum of a Commerce or Humanities/Social Sciences degree, with Economics and research methodology being one of the courses studied and knowledge of statistics. An Honours or Masters Degree in the specified disciplines will be an added advantage. The successful candidate will work with and report to the General Manager for Policy Analysis and Strategic Projects within the organization.
The candidate will be expected to do the following:
- To establish and manage the organisation’s Knowledge Management repository. This is essential for ensuring that the TBCSA becomes the “go to” organization when it comes to the business information and knowledge about the travel and tourism sector (TBCSA to be the “First to Know” organization).
- Manage and coordinate the organisation’s research on the specified topics that underpin the mandate of the organization and in line with the approved strategy and business plan of the organisation.
- The results from the research studies will need to be packaged, communicated and for the findings, which include impact studies, to be published.
- The opportunity to generate income from the research work is also a deliverable in this portfolio as well as the need to leverage funds to conduct the research studies
- Develop Trend Reports for the organisation and for sharing with its broad membership
- Produce demand driven and supply side tourism business and economic information
- Management of all the existing projects within the portfolio including the Quarterly Tourism Business Index and others that may come from time to time
- Manage and coordinate other selected strategic projects of the organisation as part of the overall Policy, knowledge management and strategic projects management function
- Managing the organistion’s stakeholder engagement as it relates to the execution of the functions in this portfolio
- The incumbent will also be expected to be able to develop annual business plans, manage budgets allocated to the portfolio and producing reports for the various accountability responsibilities of the organisation.
A written exercise to demonstrate experience and ability to perform the functions in the portfolio will be carried out as part of the recruitment and selection process.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
Good report writing skills, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving, Analysis skills, ability to work in a team. Project management skills. A self-starter who is able to work under pressure. Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Miscrosoft Word and Excel is essential. A minimum of five years’ work experience as a researcher. Skills in qualitative and quantitative research. Excellent presentation skills.
The TBCSA is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Documents to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions: Tuesday 16 May 2017
(To candidates who have already applied, your application is still being considered and there is no need to re-submit).