TOP 100 CITIES IN THE WORLD / THE BEST & WORST PLACES TO DRIVE
This week we briefly discuss key findings of a topical transport and infrastructure-related study by a German research company on the Best and Worst 100 Cities to Drive in:
- Cape Town, Johannesburg ranked 62 & 67 respectively in the top 100 cities to drive in
- The only other African city to feature in the top 100 list was Lagos, Nigeria at 98. In addition, Lagos possessed the cheapest gas – but had the worst air quality – of all the 100 listed cities.
- Bangkok in Thailand was revealed as the most unsafe city to drive in
- Singapore was found to have the best road network
- Petersburg in Russia was found to have the worst road rage
- Overall, the top 3 cities for driving are: (1) Dusseldorf, Germany; (2) Dubai, UAE; and (3) Zurich, Switzerland.