THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF TRAVEL & TOURISM: 2016 ANNUAL UPDATE – SUMMARY
- In 2015, Travel & Tourism in total contributed US$7.2 trillion to world GDP, representing 9.8% of global GDP.
- The sector supported 284 million jobs, or 1 in 11 jobs in the world.
- Travel & Tourism grew by 3.1% in 2015 – the 6th consecutive year of positive growth for the sector.
- The sector’s contribution to GDP is forecast to grow by 3.3% in 2016.
- Travel & Tourism will outperform the global economy throughout the next decade, growing by an expected 4% on average annually over the next ten years
Download the full summary report here: Economic-Impact-Summary-2016_A4-Web.pdf